Prawn malai curry recipe, which is otherwise known as Jhinga Malai curry is another famous Prawns Curry variant of India. It is just yummy to taste. This goes best with roti or Jeera Rice. It is very simple and easy to prepare at home. Let’s discover how to prepare this Creamy Prawn Curry – Jhinga Malai Recipe at home.
Also Read: Mutton Kabab Recipe
Ingredients Required for Preparing Jhinga Malai Recipe
1. Prawns – 1/2 Kilo
2. Onions – 4 (medium-sized)
3. Tomato puree – 1 Cup
4. Milk Cream (Malai) – 1 Cup
5. Ginger – Small piece (Finely Chopped)
6. Garlic – 4 Cloves (Finely Chopped)
7. Cashew Nuts paste – 4 Tbsp
8. Red Chilli Powder – 1 Tsp
9. Garam Masala – 1 Tsp
10. Kasthuri Methi – 1 Tsp
11. Green Chillies – 5
12. Coriander Leaves – Small Cup
13. Salt – As per the taste
14. Cooking Oil – 4 Tbsp
Method for Preparing Creamy Prawn Malai Curry Recipe
1. Clean the prawns and take them into a bowl.
2. Add some salt and red chilli powder to it and mix well.
3. Prepare tomato puree by grinding tomatoes.
4. Grind the onions and take into a cup.
5. Take a cooking pan and heat oil in it.
6. Fry the prawns in it. After frying them, take them into a separate plate and keep aside.
7. Add ground onion paste into the same oil.
8. Add finely chopped ginger and garlic to the pan and cook it for little time.
9. Next add salt, red chilli powder, green chillies, and tomato puree to the pan and mix well.
10. Now add the fried prawns, which were kept aside and mix them.
11. Now add cashew nuts paste, Garam masala, kasthuri methi and Coriander Leaves to it and leave it for cooking.
12. Once it gets cooked, add milk cream to it and take it into a bowl.
13. Your Creamy Prawn Curry – Jhinga Malai is ready to get served.