Bhuna Gosht recipe is also known as Bhuna Hua Gosht. This is one of the famous Mughlai mutton recipes, which is specially prepared on special occasions. This is a very tasty mutton recipe that can be a great main course curry item for your lunch or dinner. It is not so difficult to prepare this at home. Let us see how to cook Bhuna Gosht at home.
Ingredients Required for Preparing Bhuna Gosht Recipe
1. Mutton – 1 Kg
2. Sliced Onions – 1 Cup
3. Green Chillies – 8 (Sliced from the middle)
4. Red Chilli Powder – 3 Tsps
5. Ginger Garlic paste – 2 Tsps
6. Curry Leaves – 4 Stems
7. Turmeric Powder – 1/2 Tsp
8. Shahjeera – 1 Tsp
9. Lemon Juice – 2 Tsps
10. Dry Coconut Powder – 1 Tsp
11. Coriander Powder – 1 Tsp
12. Cooking Oil
14. Coriander Leaves – Small bunch
Also Read: Prawn Jhinga Malai Curry Recipe
Method for Preparing Bhuna Gosht
Clean the mutton pieces thoroughly and keep it a pressure cooker.
2. Take some water, and salt to it and cook the mutton under medium flame.
3. Remove the cooked mutton alone from the pressure cooker leaving behind the water in a separate bowl and keep aside.
4. Take a pan. Add some cooking oil in it and heat it on medium flame.
5. Now add shah jeera, sliced onion pieces, and curry leaves to it and fry them till the onion slices turn into golden brown color.
6. Now add green chillies, ginger-garlic paste, and turmeric powder to it and mix well.
7. Now add red chilli powder, salt, and kept aside cooked mutton to it and mix well.
8. After a couple of minutes, add dry coconut powder, and coriander powder to it.
9. Mix well, and leave it for sauteing.
10. Once it is sauteing is done well, switch off the stove. Now add lemon juice to it and mix well.
11. Take it into a separate bowl and garnish it with coriander leaves.
12. Your delicious Bhuna Gosht recipe is ready to get served.