Table of Contents
Benefits of Exercise
If you have been putting off your fitness goal for quite some time now, you better stop procrastinating and start treating your body the way it deserves. After all, it’s been 9 months already since you made that New Year’s resolution. Here we’ll be discussing about the benefits of exercise.
Exercise offers a lot of benefits not just physically but holistically and doing it consistently definitely brings long-term health benefits. These include:
- Enhanced sleep
- Weight loss or weight maintenance
- Reduced risk of stroke, high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, depression, and even some types of cancer
- Reduced risk of cardiovascular disease
- Strengthened muscles and bones
- Improved mood and mental health
- Increased longevity
- Strengthened immune system
- Improved ability to do daily activities in the case of older adults, and more!
Getting Started: Exercise Basics
Exercise doesn’t have to be rigorous. If you are incorporating exercise in your daily life for the first time, you can start with the basics. As long as you do it regularly, let’s say 30 minutes to 1 hour a day or 5-6 times a week, then you can reap its wonderful long-term benefits.
Here are some tips to get you started:
- Always do stretching or warm-up exercises.
- Do moderate intensity exercise once you got your pace.
- Avoid inactivity for more than one day. Remember, light exercise is better than none at all.
- Make your exercise varied. Alternate cardio with weight lifting exercises to strengthen all muscle groups.
Exercise Is A Habit
Just like any other things, exercise is not something you do out of good mood, it is a habit that you must learn to develop. You have to overcome your personal roadblocks in order to successfully sustain a regular exercise routine.
One of the main reasons why people don’t exercise is lack of time. However, when you think about it, anyone makes time for something s/he prioritizes. With these said, you must make exercise a priority in your life. It isn’t an extra burden for you or a punishment for your body because you’ve been eating a lot. Instead, exercise is the reward that your body deserves. It is the daily nourishment it needs in order for your body to perform its optimum functions.
Now, to make exercise appear more fun and not more of an obligation, you must be creative with it. Why not go for an outdoor jog on Mondays, swim on Tuesdays, play badminton on Wednesdays, go to the gym on Thursdays, join a group fitness session on Fridays, and do home exercises on Saturdays? The secret is finding multiple ways to do your exercise.
Basic Items for your Home Gym
If you plan to put up a home gym so you can do your exercises any time of the day, here are the basic items you need:
- Pull Up Bars
- Jump Rope
- Weight Plates
- Stationary Bike
- Vibration Plates
- Stereo System
When you have these basics, all you need to do is copy your trainer’s exercise routines at home or search for new routines on the Internet. Getting fit and availing the awesome lifelong benefits of exercise is certainly within anyone’s reach if s/he so desires.