Table of Contents
Home Remedies for Dark Underarms
As we all know, it is pretty easy to hide your dark underarms during winter but what about the summer? For those who love to wear sleeveless clothes, it becomes tough to wear them due to dark underarms which look strange against all the other areas of the body.
You can put on two or three layers of clothing during the winter season but how will you spent the entire summer season, as you cannot wear your favorite off shoulder or sleeveless clothing collection with those dark patchy underarms? The underarm area of your body is a big trouble when you have dark underarms and body odor.
Dark underarms or discoloration is the outcome of infection, sweat, clogged pores due to excess use of hair removal creams, deodorants.The lotions and creams that are available in the market can help one to improve this situation, but they are costly as well as with side effects and hence need to be avoided.
However, for the people who are troubled due to dark underarms, there are also some natural remedies that prove much useful. They are easy to use and low on cost. The best part is they are quite effective to improve this situation.
Below are the solutions which will help you to get rid of dark underarms.
Lemon juice therapy for dark armpits
Lemon is enriched with Vitamin C which makes it the most revitalizing element to treat dark underarms and body odor.
- Cut a slice of lemon and extract the juice from it.
- Gently apply it on your skin and leave it to dry
- Rinse the area off with cold water after 10
- Apply some moisturizer once you have washed off your armpits.
Lemon oatmeal and honey paste
If you are scared to wear all your lovely sleeveless clothes due to dark underarms, then it’s time to whiten and brighten your underarms with the lemon, honey and oatmeal mixture.
- Take equal portions of lemon juice, honey, and oatmeal.
- Mix them well to obtain a light, thick paste.
- Apply the paste directly on the underarms.
- Allow the paste to rest for a couple of minutes.
- Rinse it off with cold water and wipe your underarms with a dry cloth.
- Practice this method for 2 times a week for effective results.
Natural oils application on armpits
Natural oils not only remove dark skin cells and unclog skin pores but also reduces body odor and moisturize the skin.
- Make a solution of natural oils like olive oil, coconut oil with argan oil and lavender oil.
- Use cotton balls to soak the mixture and apply it to the affected parts.
- Keep it as it is for few minutes.
- Apply the solution daily for whitening of underarms.
Home remedies are always very useful to get rid of such situations. If you hesitate to go out to a party or a date just because of dark underarms, try any of the remedies listed above and regain white moisturized armpits.